Rappahannock Regional Jail
Professional visitation is a visitor from a legal or medical entity, such as the courts, mental health, or law enforcement.
· Family members may not visit any inmate with whom they are related in a professional capacity.
· Attorneys must hand deliver legal documents directly to the inmate, or mail directly to the inmate.
· Clergy visits are on a first come, first serve basis. Clergy are asked to call in advance for the best visitation times.
· Professional attire is required. All professional visitors must meet the same dress code as regular visitors, with the addition of no shorts.
· You must register with the lobby officer, ensuring that you provide them with your credentials:
o Photo Identification
o Current Virginia Bar Card
o Organization Identification
· If you are going to meet with several inmates, you need to provide the lobby staff with a list so that they can coordinate your visit.
· You must secure your personal property in the coin-operated lockers, or you may elect to lock your personal property in your vehicle (keys, cigarettes, lighters, money, handbags, pagers, cell phones, etc.)
· You are not permitted to give your client anything other than legal paperwork unless approved by facility officials.
Professionals/Clergy Visiting Hours:
Monday and Wednesday - Friday
8:00 AM-11:20 AM, 12:30 PM-4:20 PM, and 6:30 PM-8:20 PM.
8:00 AM-11:20 AM, 12:30 PM-4:20 PM, and 6:30 PM-9:20 PM.
**No weekend or holiday visits will be scheduled, with the exception of attorneys who may visit Saturdays 8:30 AM - 11:20 AM.**
To eliminate extended waiting, private attorneys, public defenders and probation and parole may fax visitation request to 540-658-1696. The faxed request should include the inmate's name, date and time of visit.
BE ADVISED: This fax number is to be used for Professional Visits Only.